Wednesday, 7 September 2011

DIY Tutorial - Tutu & Fairy Wings

I love making and creating especially for parties.  It's amazing what you can create with the simplest of things, even glue, string & white paint can make amazing globe lanterns, but I'm not sharing that tutorial today!   I thought we would stay in our toadstool patch for todays DIY post and make some fairy wings and a tutu.  Even Woodland Fairies need pretty tutu's and wings and these two tutorials are easy to follow so you will be able to create a costume in an afternoon.  I also think older children would be able to make these with a little help, so a perfect rainy day project.

There are some fabulous tutorials available on the internet I have chosen todays as they are easy to follow, with lots of photos showing you each step.



This tutu can be made to any size.  I would advise making longer 'petals' for a taller child.

Click here for the tutorial from At Second Street.




These wings are for a smaller child, however you can easily make them bigger by adjusting the wire to size.

Click here for the tutorial from Make Baby Stuff



So have fun creating and be sure to share your makes with us!

Take care
Zoe
xx



2 comments:

Isa Maria said...

Perfect timing! I was just thinking about making Halloween costumes for my kids and this gives me a great starting point for my daughter! Thanks so much Zoe!

Zoe & Drew said...

I'm just starting to think about Halloween too, so will be sharing some posts here very soon! So glad todays post gave you a starting point for your costume ideas.
Zoe
x